VITO DOMENICO LIUZZI
Niente di realmente interessante; forse le 2000 sterline vinte al Concorso Internazionale della YAMAHA Foundation of England come primo premio ed altro.
NOTHING SO IMPORTANT.
Perhaps the £ 2.ooo won during the Yamaha International Competition for strings, and much other little things. Conservatory degree in double bass with the maximum of ballots.
By the way:
VITO DOMENICO LIUZZI
Docente di Conservatorio (Contrabbasso) [Conservatory Degree in Contrabass]
Dottore in Legge [Doctor of Law]
Giornalista Pubblicista [Public Journalist]
IN ENGLISH: Resume of Vito Domenico Liuzzi
~ Graduated in Jurisprudence with the maximum of ballots
and praise discussing a thesis of experiences in Constitutional Rights entitled, ''Interpretation and Alternative Use of Rights'';
~ He collaborates in Legal Studies within which he supplies opinions and advices to lawyers in civics and straightforward advices in the field of jobs, industrial accident research and administrative rights.
~ He is enrolled in the Order of Journalists (Rome).
~ He was awarded a Degree with the maximum of
ballots in Double Bass under the guidance of the Mr. Michele Cellaro and has perfected on the double bass, attending four consecutive years in the ''International Course of High Musical
Improvement'' at Norcia (PG), Italy.
~ He has moreover studied double bass with Thomas Martin, Yoan Goilav and Giampaolo Simoncini (Orchestra of the Saint Academy Cecilia of Rome).
~ He turned out as the winner in Soloist categories at many national musical competitions, among which stands in relief the First Absolute Prize for the entire competition with Special Mention by the President of the Italian Republic for the National Competition known as ''Young Promises''.
~ He won First Absolute Prize and Scholarship of 2000 pounds, Concerts and varied book reviews on musical matters by the International Competition for Bowing awarded by the YAMAHA Foundation of England.
~ In Cremona he participated in the Third Edition of the International Competition: ''G. Bottesini'' for Double Bass players.
~ He continues soloist activities playing a circa 1890 Romeo Orsi and now with a Donato Rubino double bass with particular reference to compositions of Bottesini, Dragonetti, Rota, Henze, Zbinden, Koussevitzky, Gliere, Mortari, Eccles, Dittersdorf and Vanhal.
~ He is member of a double bass quartet known as ''Bass Sonority'' and has for years collaborated with the Orchestra Filarmonica of Barium and Theater Petruzzelli, with whom he holds the coveted role of First Double Bass.
~ He plays First Double Bass with the Orchestra of the Collegium Musicum Apuliae with which he is also a soloist.
~ He has been First Double Bass with the Mediterranean Orchestra.
~ For years he collaborated with the Sinfonica Orchestra of the Barium Province and has carried out musical competitions in Italy and foreign countries as a member of various formats including chamber music.
~ He plays First Double Bass of the Orchestra Sinfonica ''G. Paisiello'' in the Province of Taranto and collaborated with first double bassist in the Juvenile Orchestra of the Puglia Region.
~ He has recorded for Sony Corporation, BMG, Ricordi, RAI Corporation and other record houses of National level.
~ He taught a Course of Improvement in Double bass in
collaboration with the Ministry of the Culture of Korea.
~ He is the Chair of Double Bass Class in the National University of Music, ''G. PAISIELLO'' - Taranto, Institute of High Culture.
~ He writes book reviews and articles of musical critique and specialized reviews in the field.
He’s the founder of CONTRABBASSO ITALIANO FORUM
1)CONCERTO in G major - G.B. Cimador (1761-1805)
2) CONCERTO n. 3 in A major (The original) - Domenico Dragonetti
3) CONCERTO in A major - E. Nanny (Dragonetti)
4) CONCERTO in E major - Karl Ditters von Dittersdorf (cadenza Heinz Karl Gruber)
5) CONCERTO in B minor - G. Bottesini
6) SIX SUITES - J.S. Bach (no.1-2-3)
7) CZARDAS - Vittorio Monti (1868 -1922)
8) ELEGIE - Gabriele FAURE' (1845 - 1924)
9)LIEBESLEID - Fritz KREISLER (1875 - 1962)
10) CONCERTO opus 3 - Sergei KOUSSEVITZKY
11)CONCERTO in D major - Jan Krtitel VANHAL
Cadenza Heinz Karl Gruber
12) SONATA - Henry ECCLES
13) INTRODUZIONE e GAVOTTA - G. BOTTESINI
14) GRANDE ALLEGRO di CONCERTO - G. BOTTESINI
15) CONCERTINO in DO minore - G. Bottesini
16) SCONCERTO - Armando TROVAJOLI (dedicato a Franco Petracchi)
17) INTRODUZIONE E VARIAZIONI sul Carnevale di Venezia - G. Bottesini
18) KOL NIDREI - Max Bruch
19) CONCERTO in F#- - G. Bottesini
20)CONCERTO - Domenico TORTA
21) CAPRICCIO di BRAVURA - G. BOTTESINI
22) A SUITE IN THE OLDEN STYLE - Hans Fryba
23) CHANT DU MENESTREL - Alexandre GLAZUNOV
24) BOLERO -G. Bottesini
25) ROMANZA PATETICA - G. BOTTESINI (Romanza Drammatica, Melodie)
26)"Nel Cor Più non mi sento" - g. Bottesini
27)TARANTELLA - G. Bottesini
28) ELEGIA - G. Bottesini
29) TARANTELLA - R. Gliere
30) CONCERTO in E- - Edouard Nanny
31) MELODIE - G. BOTTESINI (Melodia)
32) PRELUDE - R. GLIERE
33) FANTASIA LA SONNAMBULA - G. Bottesini
34)SCHERZO - R. Gliere
35)SONATA in A minor - FRANZ SCHUBERT
36) VALSE MINIATURE - S. KOUSSEVITZKY
37) CONCERTO in D major - Capuzzi (Cadenza H. Schneikart)
38)CONCERTO in F major - Capuzzi
39)FANTASIA "La straniera" - G. Bottesini
40) DIVERTIMENTO CONCERTANTE - NINO ROTA (for Franco Petracchi)
41) UNE LARME POUR BASSE - Gioacchino ROSSINI
42) INTERMEZZO - R. GLIERE
43)APRES UN REVE - GABRIEL FAURE'
44)MELODIA - G. Bottesini
45)CARMEN FANTASY - Frank PROTO
46) SONATA IN E - J.M. SPERGER
47)SONATE Emoll - BRAHMS
48) THE FLIGHT of the Bumble-Bee - N. Rimskyj KORSAKOV
49)ALLEGRETTO CAPRICCIO - G. BOTTESINI
50) FANTASIA RE M- Telemann
51) ADAGIO, MELANCONICO ed APPASSIONATO - G. Bottesini
52) SONATA n. 2 - A. MISEK
53) FANTASIA "Beatrice di Tenda" - Bottesini
54)TRE GRAN DUETTI - Bottesini n.2
55) CONCERTO A DUE CONTRABBASSI - Bottesini
56) GRAN DUO for violin and double bass - G. BOTTESINI
57)PASSIONE AMOROSA - G. BOTTESINI
58) GAVOTTA - Lorenziti (?)
59) Andante e Rondò - D. Dragonetti
60) 12 waltz - D. Dragonetti
61)Gran duo per clarinetto e contrabbasso - G. Bottesini
62)PSY - Berio
63) Homage to bach - ZBINDEN
64) CONCERSTUCK - Simandl
65) H. ECCLES : Sonata in G minor
I hope you enjoy with this "strange" and no professional website.